- Logan Paul's dog was killed by a coyote—and even his biggest rival feels bad 4 Hours Ago
- White woman criticized for opening ‘clean' Chinese restaurant 4 Hours Ago
- YouTube/Facebook comments on hate speech hearing shut down due to hate speech 4 Hours Ago
- People defending Stephen Miller against white nationalist claim are missing the point 4 Hours Ago
- Someone made a song about Ant-Man crawling into Thanos' butt 4 Hours Ago
- Chris Evans' new politics website leaves Marvel fans scratching their heads Today 10:30 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones' just announced an album featuring the Weeknd,SZA,and Travis Scott Today 10:20 AM
- The Boom Bow is quickly becoming the new Fortnite meta Today 9:29 AM
- Devin Nunes doesn't want you to see #YachtCocaineProstitutes trending Today 9:23 AM
- ‘Queer Eye' fans raise $94K to help participant go back to college Today 9:10 AM
- Alriiight!No more overheated car seats thanks to the Bob's Burgers sun reflector Today 8:50 AM
- Twitch star Novaruu brags about smuggling drugs during live stream Today 8:39 AM
- You'll soon be able to watch ‘Doctor Who' for free on Pluto TV Today 8:04 AM
- Think of this Nintendo Switch case as an Otterbox for your system Today 8:00 AM
- The White House is already threatening to veto Congress' net neutrality bill Today 7:58 AM
You'll soon be able to watch ‘Doctor Who' for free on Pluto TV
Pluto is the leader in free live TV streaming.With the noted exception ofFox Sportsand some prominent news offerings (MSNBC,NBC News,CNBC),it doesn't offer the sort of traditional cable channels you'll find on other services likeSling TVor DirecTV Now.Instead,it provides a grab bag of channels grouped around themes like movies,comedy,and geek culture.It also hosts a number of channels around specific shows likeMST3K.
Pluto TV's deal with BBC Studios,which goes live in May,will add more than 700 hours of content.Some of it won't exactly light you on fire with excitement (for instance,300-plus old episodes ofAntiques Roadshow),but it's a godsend if you're an American fan of British shows likeRobin Hoodand the sci-fi dinosaur seriesPrimeval.
The classicDoctor Whoepisodes are the big draw,though.VintageDoctor Whocan be hard to find online,even in the U.K.,so the Pluto TV deal is a sweet deal for classicWhofans.Over 200 episodes will soon be available on Pluto TV'sDoctor Whopop-up channel, featuring episodes from Tom Baker,Peter Davison,Jon Pertwee,and the first Doctor,William Hartnell.
- Pluto TV is essential for broke cord-cutters
- The best new TV shows to stream this weekend
- 5 Amazon Original Series you need to binge in March
- ‘Doctor Who' rang in the new year with an old foe
The Pluto TV app is available on basically any internet-connected device from iPhones to smart TVs.You can download the app onRoku,Apple TV,Amazon Fire TV,Android TV,Google Chromecast,and even PlayStation 4.
However,if you want to stream modernDoctor Who,you'll have to pay for it on Amazon Prime or subscribe to one of the live TV services that carryBBC America.You'll find it onPhilo,Sling TV,YouTube TV,andFuboTV.
Editor's note: This article has been updated to clarify Pluto TV's offerings.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the 必威手机版Daily Dot,covering geek culture and fandom.Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes,she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio.Elsewhere,she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.