- Man banned from Tinder is the highlight of Proud Boys ‘Demand Free Speech' rally Saturday 6:23 PM
- The Proud Boys accused of making armed ‘house calls' to threaten private citizens Saturday 4:03 PM
- 25 Dallas officers under investigation for ‘racist,violent' Facebook posts Saturday 2:35 PM
- No,that bowling robot video isn't real Saturday 1:14 PM
- Sims are having their children taken away by ‘CPS' because of game's glitch Saturday 11:59 AM
- Guards are now having to protect ice cream from the lickers Saturday 10:55 AM
- Marianne Williamson makes her way into Vogue photoshoot she was left out of–through Photoshop Saturday 9:06 AM
- How to stream UFC 239 and get 1 year of ESPN+ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- What is NBCUniversal,soon-to-be home of ‘The Office'? Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the 2019 Tour de France for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- The James Charles/Tati Westbrook drama inspires creative AP Exam essays Friday 4:38 PM
- Mad Magazine is going away,and everyone is in mourning Friday 4:06 PM
- How to harness Wattson's abilities in Apex Legends Friday 3:02 PM
- California's new bot transparency law goes into effect Friday 1:18 PM
- People are debating if service pets are considered ‘animal abuse' Friday 12:37 PM
Loomer waspermanently suspendedfrom the platform in November 2018 after making anti-Muslim remarks about Muslim Rep.Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.),according to Big League Politics.
The lawsuit alleges that Twitter and CAIR conspired with each other to have her banned.
"(CAIR)… acted in concert and conspired with defendant Twitter,Inc.(‘Twitter') to cause her to be banned,and prevented her from making a living through the use of,the majority of 必威官网手机版social media platforms," the lawsuit reads.
The lawsuit also cites several other platforms Loomer has been banned from,including Medium,PayPal,Venmo,Uber,Uber Eats,Lyft,GoFundMe,and Teespring.
In January,theWall StreetJournalreported that CAIR met with Twitter to push for Loomer's ban from the platform,but the whole thing may have been a flub.Right Wing Watchuncovered an elaborate schemeby internet prankster Nathan Bernard in which he may have set Loomer up to believe the two entities were working together to have her banned.
CAIR representatives have said the meeting with Twitter never happened and that they only flagged Loomer's tweets as offensive—a function available to all users.
Loomer never believed she was pranked,calling the development a "fake news alert" and Right Wing Watch "sociopathic liars" onInstagramin response.
Before the 2018 midterm election,Twitter suspended Loomer's account.Then,in November,the company permanently banned her,citing a tweet Loomer sent out to her 250,000 followers about Ilhan as violating its terms of service.
"Ilhan is pro Sharia Ilhan is pro- FGM Under Sharia homosexuals are oppressed & killed.Women are abused & forced to wear the hijab.Ilhan is anti Jewish," Loomer tweeted at the time.
The lawsuit called Twitter's claim that Loomer was banned on the basis of violating its terms of service "implausible."
"(Twitter's terms of service) are not only vague but are applied with so selectively and in such bad faith that they are meaningless except for purposes of providing Twitter with a pretext for wrongful,bad faith conduct such as is alleged here," the lawsuit says.
- Did Laura Loomer get duped into believing Muslims got her suspended from Twitter?
- Laura Loomer says she's been banned from GoFundMe
- Laura Loomer gets booted from Twitter for hate speech
Alyse Stanley is a video game and culture reporter based in Virginia with words at Polygon and USGamer.When she's not writing about memes,she edits Unwinnable's monthly magazine.You can follow her on Twitter @pithyalyse.