- Trump administration will DNA test families at the border 2 Years Ago
- Biden spent nearly a half-million on Facebook ads in his first two days 2 Years Ago
- YouTube's algorithm change costs Google a ton of money 2 Years Ago
- Starz is down to $5 a month for a limited time only 2 Years Ago
- Your Emoji-scopes for May 2019 Today 9:06 AM
- How to stream the 2019 Billboard Music Awards for free Today 9:00 AM
- Twitch star Etika says he wants to ‘purge all life' in bonkers interview Today 8:54 AM
- Trump hit with ‘F*ck Donald Trump' burn after retweeting fake fan Today 8:22 AM
- How to stream Monterrey vs.Tigres online for free Today 7:41 AM
- All the Netflix original movies and series coming in May Today 7:25 AM
- Anthony Jeselnik's ‘Fire in the Maternity Ward' is a disciplined hour of joke-telling Today 6:42 AM
- Hillary Clinton's internet guru is back with a manifesto for the posting wars Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs.Liverpool online for free Today 5:30 AM
- ‘Games of Thrones' cinematographer blames fans for dark episodes Tuesday 11:31 PM
- Facebook is putting a focus on groups and events in latest app redesign Tuesday 8:59 PM
Photo via barnimages.com/Flickr (CC-BY)
It's OK if you don't want to post your ‘grams to Facebook anymore.
At one point in time, you wanted to share every image you posted to Instagram onFacebook,too.Now,you have second thoughts about that tie—maybe Instagram posts shouldjustlive on Instagram.No sweat.You can disconnectInstagramfrom Facebook,and it only takes a couple of seconds.
How to how to unlink Instagram from Facebook
The easiest way is to head to the source: your Instagram app.Open up Instagram oniOSorAndroid,then tap the settings icon in the upper right of your profile.From there,scroll down to Settings,and tap Linked Accounts.
There,you should see that Facebook is highlighted blue with a checkmark next to it.Tap it,then tap the "Unlink Facebook" button. To make your decision final, tap "Unlink" to confirm you want to disconnect the two apps.
Now,you will no longer be able to automatically post to Facebook from Instagram.
Keeping the two accounts un-linked is a good idea for security reasons.If someone ever hacked your Instagram,for example, any hacked postings would only live on Instagram (instead of being shared across both 必威官网手机版social media feeds).
- Who has the most followers on Instagram?
- The simple trick to using screen recording in iOS 11
- How to use Kodi on Roku without jailbreaking your device
- How to check your Facebook messages without Messenger
For those unlinking the two apps for ideological reasons,there is an important caveat you should know.Facebook acquired Instagramback in 2012.So,if you think that by disassociating the two accounts,你把Facebook…你不是,really.Instagrammoved its serversfrom AWS to Facebook's data centers in 2014.Deep down,Facebook still has your data—and your photos.
In the future,if you decide you do want to post your Instagrams on Facebook,you can easily link the two together again.Just head to Linked Accounts in your app's settings again,and tap Facebook.The app will remember your Facebook credentials,and the two will be connected again instantly.
Need more help?Here's how to repost on Instagramand download full-resolution Instagram photos.If you're looking to spice things up,here are some tips for Instagram flirtingandhow to find porn on Instagram(and instructions on how to clear your search history).
If you're feeling petty,here's how to tell if someone blocked you on Instagramand see all of the people who unfollowed you.You can alsounblock someone.For more tips,see our ultimate beginner's guide to Instagram.
Editor's note: This article is regularly updated for clarity.
Christina Bonnington is a tech reporter who specializes in consumer gadgets,apps,and the trends shaping the technology industry.Her work has also appeared in Gizmodo,Wired,Refinery29,Slate,Bicycling,and Outside Magazine.She is based in the San Francisco Bay Area and has a background in electrical engineering.